So, you’ve accidently deleted your important files and now cursing yourself, don’t worry all is not gone yet. You could still recover your files with a bit of luck and a nice piece of software named RECUVA by Piriform.
Steps To Follow :-
If the files which are lost are on an external media then DO NOT WRITE DATA on it as it could overwrite the previous files and recovery would be very difficult.
- First and foremost, download and install Recuva from here.
- Now launch the program and select the type of file you want to recover and start the search.
- If the program doesn’t finds your files at first go for the DEEP SEARCH.
- **Recuva results are color coded which means :-
- Red = Unrecoverable
- Yellow = Very Poor
- Green = Recoverable
- Now the wizard will show you the results it has found, just select the file and restore it on media other than the one from which it is recovered.