If you’ve been into blogging then you surely know the importance of the term S.E.O. (Search Engine Optimization). S.E.O. is optimizing your website or blog so as to rank them better in search engines. There are many ways to accomplish that (not easy though) like On-Page S.E.O., Off-Page S.E.O. etc.
But there is one more factor which is very important but often overlooked, Image Optimization. Optimizing images is another way of getting search engines love (organic traffic).
According to Google (Peter Linsley) :-
- Users prefer High-Resolution, In-Focus High Quality Images.
- Links with high-quality thumbnails tends to perform better in search results.
- Cluttered, Distracting images are a strict NO-NO.
- Add proper 2-3 words for alt-tag for all images.
- Height and Width of images should be properly defined as such that it doesn’t block page loading.
- Good keyword-filled ‘Caption’ for all images should be used.
- Host all the images on your private server and not on free hosting servers, reason for that being – image loading speed.
- If you are using blogging platform like WordPress – there are multiple plugins which help automate this process. Techno-Nerdz uses EWWW Image Optimizer.
By following these tips you could rank your images better on search engines and get decent traffic from them. If you know any other way to optimize images, leave a comment.Also See :- Get Higher Search Engine Ranking By Commenting On These Blogs.